Saturday, April 28, 2012

I am what I am - I am my own special creation

I'm most definitely not lesbian. I'm not even bisexual.
If I was Native American I'd probably be called a Two-Spirit. I'm not really a tomboy - that implies being sportive or aggressive. I don't dress or look androgynous.
I guess I could be called bigender - though I don't think I change inbetween different behaviours. I guess the newest trendy word would be "genderqueer" - but honestly I think that's a lot of bullshit.
I don't have some disorder, neither am I not part of some secluded LGBT community.
I have no doubt about identifing as a woman.

I am what I am. I am me.
I have my very own personality. Mine might be a bit more surprising than some others, but that's all.
"I am what I am. I don’t want praise, I don’t want pity.
I bang my own drum, some think it’s noise - I think it’s pretty."

That doesn't mean though that this little peculiarity of mine doesn't give me a hard time sometimes...


This blog post's title is taken from "I am What I am" by Jerry Herman.

No comments: